These last few weeks off for the holiday break has been an emotional rollercoaster to say the least. First, I had finals, the week before Christmas. That was definately an interesting stressful week. Secondly, my beloved father in-law passed away on December 20th. During that time, Dave spent a lot of time in Oklahoma to be with his siblings as they needed his emotional support. We were lucky enough to spend Christmas with my husband, but he soon had to leave again for the funeral. Despite the external & inner ear infection that he had been suffering since he got back from Oklahoma, it was so good to have him home and didn't want him to leave. But, some things must come to an end, so this morning, the girls and myself went back to school and Dave had a load waiting for him in Ohio to take down to Texas. Back to the old routine once again.
Today was the first day of my second quarter. I am no longer a freshman, and walked into the classroom as a sophmore. Yay! I was glad to have the first quarter behind me and ready to move on to different things. I am happy and proud to say that I made the Deans list with a 92% overall average for my first quarter! It was quite the accomplishment and I feel very good about my average. But, there are some things that I still need to work on. Part of our grade is on professionalism and was marked on a few things that I need to improve on. Funny thing is, they are things that I am already aware of and am currently working very hard on. Even though I try not to show these "flaws" I have, these instructors are very intuitive. It goes to show you that this school raises the bar in professionalism and teaches you to be the best of the best. No complaints here. I am actually grateful for them to bring it to my attention so I can work on these areas of myself to be the best at what I am set out to do. My goal this quarter is to focus on what areas I need to work on, both behaviorial and academically. Just makes me more determined and in the end, I am in hopes that I come out to be a better person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Congrats on making the Dean's List Renee! You should be very proud of yourself! Especially with all that you and your family has had to deal with.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that your teachers are intuitive and can see through you. While the truth may hurt at first, that pain heals as you see that by changing yourself, you DO become the person you always wanted to be (((hugs)))
Thanks Brie :) (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteI have to admit...it did sting at first. I couldn't understand why there were some people in my class, meaning people I talk to everyday who I KNOW are in need of improvements in the professionalism department, even much more than I, but yet, they never received any marks to improve. Dave put it all in a different perspective for me tonight. He believes my instructors have been focusing on me because they see something that they don't see in other students and they want to perfect me so I can continue to be successful and be the best at what I am wanting to do. Whether he's right or not, I kinda like his point of view anyway...lol