Tuesday, December 30, 2008
So, I decided to blog
With a New Year approaching, and with so many changes going on in my life, I have decided to document my journey. I have always thought to blog my thoughts, but never really took the leap to do so as my life seemed to be at a stand still for a very long time. I could never seem to find anything to say and felt that my life wasn't worth writing about. Although I could write a book about my family, I could never find the words to express myself and I am determined to change that. For the longest time, I had felt I wasn't good enough for anything. I struggled to find my purpose in life, outside of being a devoted wife and mother. After 2 failed marriages, which included a lot of mental and emotional abuse, I was always told I would never amount to anything. I guess after a while, you tend to believe it. My husband Dave, from the moment we met, has always seen something in me that I never could see for myself. He has always believed in me and it has taken 7 years to actually believe him that maybe he is right. In September, I finally had the courage to go back to school and finish what I started 18 years ago, when I was once a self confident, independant, goal oriented, young woman who knew she could do anything she set her mind to. I am finding her again and have to say I have missed her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





First off, I LOVE your blogs name - too cute! :D Second, although I have not been in abusive marriages, I do understand trying to find yourself. I'm still working on that one myself.
ReplyDeleteI look forward to reading more :)